Facts, figures, interesting personalities and great stories
- First, let’s get the facts straight, in our latest edition of Facts and Figures you will find a comprehensive compilation of official facts and statistics on the Gothenburg region’s business environment. This will hopefully help you to identify opportunities for doing business in our region.
- Combine this with the Economic Outlook Q2 and you will have the complete picture of our region based on statistics.
- Are you interested in using data to do your own analysis, we have the perfect tool. With Explore Gothenburg you can for example explore industry clusters, analyse our talent pool and compare Gothenburg with other communities.
Moving on from hard facts to good news and interesting stories:
- A great story on the Swedish business culture is “Trust, collaboration and strong clusters attract companies to the Gothenburg area”. Here we reveal the factor behind Gothenburg being a magnet for private R&D investments.
- Have you heard about climate-smart protein? One of the greatest challenges we are facing today is how to feed a growing world population in a sustainable and nutritious way. The Gothenburg start-up Mycorena can be part of the solution with its fungi-based protein. They have now raised over EUR 1.2 million to expand production. Read the story here: “Foodtech start-up to ramp up production or climate-smart protein”.
- Shedding some light in the pandemic darkness: Swedish drug developer Vicore Pharma has been awarded £1.2 million to trial a hopeful treatment for COVID-19 patients. Read the story here: “Vicore Pharma to trial promising COVID-19 treatment”.
- Personal trainer in sustainability, is that the latest addition to the list of professions? Meet Amanda Borneke an environmental influencer and queen of reuse.
- A true fishermans tale – a great story portraying a food entrepreneur. With sustainability top of mind, he is challenging the food production industry and changing the business model.
- A sustainable and attractive city of the future includes so many different components and dimensions. Solving the city logistics is part of the solution. Read about the lab for smart city logistics, they use trial and error to find out the best possible way to reduce traffic, emissions and cost.
Awards open for nomination
For all entreprenuers within the life science sector: "Call for nominations to Arvid Carlsson Award by Sahlgrenska Science Park". The award is open for nominations until September 7 2020 and the winner will be announced on October 1 2020 at Park Annual. Good luck!
For all startups and scaleups working towards transforming the mobility and transportation industry: Apply for the "MobilityXlab Future Mobility Awards" The award is open for submissions from global startups and scaleups with a deadline of August 21. The award ceremony will be held on October 6 at Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg.